Wednesday, March 7, 2007




The unbelievable has happened! Bekah has cut her hair. 17 inches... if only it was under different circumstances. let me set the story up for you - 2 notices sent home from school informing parents that a child in the class has lice. I go into the hospital to have baby. I get home from hospital at 7:00 pm. Craig has mandatory classes/stuff to do for deployment in 2 weeks. I get Bekah ready for school and notice she is really scratching her head. I look... yup, the unspeakable. I haul 3 day old Quinn and 3 other kids to KMart in 25 degree weather and 40 mph winds to buy 'special' shampoo. I read direction for ridding our house of unwanted vermin... I start to cry. To make a long story short Bekah had a choice 3-5 hours of washing and combing out her hair (and $60 worth of shampoo - that stuff ain't cheap!) for the next two days or a haircut and 2 hours worth of work for the next two days. She was tough! I was bawling! she was saying, "Just do it mom, just do it, it's fine!" The hair got cut a little shorter than I intended but it actually looks really cute when you get used to it. It's just a real shock when you first see it. I still had to collect every stuffed animal, sheet, pillow, blanket, dress up clothes, doll clothes and wash them as well as spray and vacuum all the furniture and mattress as well as carpet clean the floors, while stopping every hour to nurse Quinn. I was tired by the end of that week.

No comments: