Saturday, February 28, 2009
Even though she wore the outfit the day before - she insisted she wear it again, because it is still her favorite! I don't know if anyone noticed or not...
Fluorescent paint splatters (really? this is what is cool?)
An ever 'lovely' skull shirt with a perfect valentine red background.
Sometimes I just pretend they don't belong to me or that skulls, hip-hop, and repeat wearing are perfectly acceptable.
Bekah comes in from picking up dog-doodie with a frozen, decapitated mouse on the end of the shovel and asks, 'is it dead?' Uhhhh, no dear, it has been cryogenically frozen until a cure can be found for decapitation... We love you Bekah!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Since Anna was a small baby I knew she would never be a morning person, but this afternoon seals the deal. No doubt about it... I used to be too embarrassed to share this because I felt like it showed me too lacking as a mom - but now it's just too darn funny! Here's the story...
A few months ago Anna got home from school and she was sitting on my lap and I realized she wasn't wearing any underwear OK... I ask did you just take it off (an accident? too embarrassed to share with me?) As it turns out she forgot to put it on that morning. And to top it off she was wearing a skirt to school that day. Yeah, mother of the year. Well, tonight she gets home - goes in to use the bathroom and comes out laughing - I ask her what's up... she tells me, "this morning I forgot I already had underwear on and put on another pair! I wore 2 pair of underwear to school today!" Well, that makes up for the incident a few months ago right?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Alright, so last night I was cuddling with Kaid and started telling him about when he was born. You know that he came so fast daddy had to deliver him because the doctor didn't get there in time. When all of a sudden he burst into tears and started sobbing uncontrollably... "I wanted to stay in your tummy!" I might keep him up late again tonight to tell him another true story - just to see what kind of reaction I get!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Well the kid has gotten out of his bed at least 15 time tonight, so this last time I was just ignoring him, going about my business... and what do ya know - it worked. He fell asleep. Yeah, it's on the entry floor with a dinosaur boot on his hand, but he has his blankie and water bottle - so it's allllll goood!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Not really sure how this tagging stuff works, but Jen tagged me on face book (thanks) and so I thought it would be fun to share all my 'dirty little secrets' LOL.
1. Often times my house is filthy but my closets are neat and tidy
2. I hate when my bed is not made first thing in the morning (Craig sleeps many mornings - ugh)
3. My fantasy is a food storage room filled with food in alphabetical order and all the labels facing out properly rotated (yeah Craig doesn't get this fantasy either...)
4. I have a lot of initial enthusiasm for new things/jobs but it always dwindles
5. I am way more self conscious about my body at 30 something then I ever was as a teenager or 20 something
6. I like driving around looking at houses
7. I will get a boob job someday
8. I ended up in college on accident (but it ended well - I graduated)
9. I hate going to school to eat lunch with my kids - it's not my kids... it's the lunchroom monitors
10. I have to actually pick a day each week (Sat) to cut every ones fingernails or else I forget
11. Low maintenance used to be a good thing - but it's starting to show
12. I'm like a little old lady who looks forward to going out to get the mail everyday!
13. I like to travel because I don't have to cook the entire time we are gone!
14. I am way not frugal by nature
15. If there are no prices on items in a store I will inevitably still manage to pick the single most expensive thing there!
16. I'm secretly starting to see the appeal of mini-vans though I swore I would never own one. But, the doors open and shut at the push of a button and the kids can get in and out without having to remove car seats!
17. I'm pro-choice when it comes to seat belts! I think it's stupid to have a law telling me (a grown adult) to wear one...
18. I like trashy romance novels
19. I never learned to ride a bike (it's coming back to haunt me because Anna says why should she learn to ride when I never did - sassy little thing)
20. I really, really, really can't wait for residency to be over - oops not a secret
21. I would like to be a 'runner' and run a 5k race - which is very laughable considering I drive to my mailbox
22. I lied in a church talk (Craig says it was a lie I say it was good story telling but now I feel guilty)
23.My toenails are always painted red (in my mind this makes up for the fact that I have cracks the size of the grand canyon in my feet)
24. When I was 16 I got 2 $200 speeding tickets 7 days apart
25. I have never cheated on a test of any kind. (which is why my grades where always mediocre.)