Friday, February 20, 2009

Not a morning person

Since Anna was a small baby I knew she would never be a morning person, but this afternoon seals the deal. No doubt about it... I used to be too embarrassed to share this because I felt like it showed me too lacking as a mom - but now it's just too darn funny! Here's the story...

A few months ago Anna got home from school and she was sitting on my lap and I realized she wasn't wearing any underwear OK... I ask did you just take it off (an accident? too embarrassed to share with me?) As it turns out she forgot to put it on that morning. And to top it off she was wearing a skirt to school that day. Yeah, mother of the year. Well, tonight she gets home - goes in to use the bathroom and comes out laughing - I ask her what's up... she tells me, "this morning I forgot I already had underwear on and put on another pair! I wore 2 pair of underwear to school today!" Well, that makes up for the incident a few months ago right?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Your posts ALWAYS make me laugh out loud! Thanks, and yes, I do think the two pair make up for the going commando!

Sarah said...

Been there....

Heather said...

Did you have a hard time not calling her Brittany that day! I am sure the kids on the playground had some education. hehe :)

Mary Peterson said...

I love it! My boys have put on two pairs before. If a kid is in school they should be able to dress themselves. Don't sweat it!