Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Week of School



So the first week of school has come and gone. Boy did I have big expectations! I was considering finding a part time job, cause with all 5 in school I was gonna have soooo much time on my hands! Jokes on me! Friday rolled around, my house was a disaster, my kids where tired and cranky, my shoulders were killing me and my feet and legs - how they hurt, and though I had decided my season of life had come to start exercising... I didn't make it once! But why oh why... I did the math. 5 Kids in school equals 4 daily trips to drop off and/or pick up children. One mile round trip, walking because we are that close and it would be silly to drive (besides it's a nightmare). I had joyfully gotten rid of all strollers before the move, after all the baby is 3, and I'm a flip flop girl right? So 4 miles a day (for a total couch potato) in flip flops carrying the 3 year old, and pushing the 4 year old up the hills on his bike (hence the sore shoulders)... and we start way too early - 5:45! yikes! Oh and temps were averaging 107 degrees. So I'm digging out my tennies, looking to purchase another stroller (whatever) and hoping that I'm building muscles for week 2!

4 comments:

Johns Family said...

Cute kiddos...I love Anna's outfit...it's just like her. Quinn...what can you say...he is so awesome. Abby did the same as Lexi after her first day of school, except she didn't even make up to her room...And Mr. Kaid...hunka kid on his bike. :)Miss you guys!

Lani said...

Sounds about like our first week. And our school commute is about the same too. About half a mile each way, but so not worth driving through all the school traffic. I only have to do it twice though. (And I'm hoping they'll be on their own at least in the afternoon after a few more weeks!) The kids all look great!

DeGooyer Family said...

Made me laugh out loud. I miss you! =) I had the same idea to start exercising really hard starting Monday... Didn't happen. =)

Jen said...

The kids are getting so big! Where are you at now? I can't remember what your final assignment was...