Saturday, November 28, 2009

Just Grateful



I am so grateful that Craig can and does call me and share 'those' moments with me. He just had a very sad case come through the ER where a 9 month old baby died. The baby died - and it just could have easily been one of ours. I just assumed he wasn't busy, but he said, 'no he was busy, he just wanted to talk for a minute.' And it hit me that he always calls and checks in when he has something particularly emotional to deal with. And I am so grateful that he does call me and we can share that moment, and I can help give him the strength to move on to the next thing that is required of him. Craig is an awesome doctor, and he cares, and I am so proud of him, and so glad I can help him in such a small way.


By the way - I am extreamly SLOW - it has taken 2 1/2 years of residency for me to figure this out! DUH!

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW - that is so sad. But, also neat that he calls you when things like that happen. Brett does, too, and even though it's hard to hear, I'm glad it does because it makes him feel better.