Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No doubt about it...

As life goes on I am continually thinking of ways I need to change, to improve, to be better - blah blah blah. On top of that list is always stop drinking Mt. Dew, drink less Mt. Dew or something along those lines. Then life enters - I'm stressed, I'm hungry (no breakfast again) and I deal by drinking more Mt. Dew. Well, almost as an afterthought during my personal prayers yesterday I included, "please help me consume less Mt. Dew today." Boy, oh boy does Heavenly Father know how to answer prayers. He knows my life, my weakness, and my lack of commitment/determination to change this particular thing. First stop of the day. No syrup, just carbonated soda water. YUK! I leave the gas station empty handed. Second stop of the day. Successful. Consumed 32 oz.... Third stop. 32 oz to take home for the afternoon slump. Set the cup on top of the car (to unload kids) just as I realized my car was wet (and slippery) boom. Mt. Dew all over the garage floor. Sticky - Yes, Able to consume - No. Answered prayer - without a doubt.

4 comments:

john-n-jess blomstedt said...

Love the story! Good Luck with your goal!

Tina Marie said...

I am right there with you I have been trying to quit drinking Mt Dew forever.

jayne said...

You could quit if you really wanted to....but would there be any TRUE JOY in your day if you did? Just a thought.

LLL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.