Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday Parties

I have to admit I managed to throw some mean birthday parties this year. While I am typically a planner July and August snuck up on me and so did Lexsie's, Kaid's, and Craig's birthday's ! BUT I managed to pull off some totally awesome parties. For Lexsie's I called up my mother in law and asked if we could do a family thing at her house... I know, I am good. It was fabulous. We had Dora the Explorer accessories thanks to Grandma Sandy and Craig and I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for presents (that we could take home on a plane). And Lexsie was thrilled! Just watch the video below for proof!

Kaid had a huge end of school year party, and between a trip to Missouri and Craigs work schedule his birthday kind of got swept under the rug. So the plan was to go to the science center with Craigs parents for the day and then have Cake that night. I texted his best friend the night before to see if they were up for a party starting about 8 pm the next night. Luckily Heber's mom is very forgiving of my mad birthday party planning skills and let Heber come. Despite my lack of planning the party turned out pretty fun. We ended up with about 10 kids, all their parents, and enough presents to fill a small toy store. I even found some party favors I had stashed away. Notice the awesome wrapping paper! (Painters tape and white paper) I know mad party planning skills!

And last of all was Craigs birthday. This man always says he doesn't want a fuss, but deep down inside he wants big presents and a lot of fuss! So I thought I'd keep it casual and let the kids plans something simple. CHUCK - E - CHEESE! That's what it started as. Then we decided a new set of golf clubs (because his were so old that people were embarrassed to golf with him) which led to a treasure hunt to find all the golf clubs, which led to clues written on each child's stomach in permanent marker which led to each child hiding at a different friends house, which led to hitting a bucket of balls at a driving range which led me to texting his work friends and inviting them to CHUCK - E - CHEESE which I think ended in a lap dance? At least that is what the pictures look like! And so all of Craigs friends and all the kids friends ended up celebrating at Chuck's which was surprisingly fun because as it turns out all of Craigs work friends wanted to go to Chucks but never had a reason that wouldn't make them look like creepy people.


So now the parties are over and I am truly impressed with what I managed to pull off the night before the big days, and so glad I don't have to do it again for another year!

No comments: