Monday, January 30, 2012

Questioning my parenting... Yet again

Picked Quinn up from school and the teacher commented that he was having A very hard day. Very uncharacteristic of the boy. Of course I stepped into immediate action and suggested a little one on one date to the gas station. How could he refuse such an offer? He negotiated for a trip to the movies or bowling but alas the gas station won out (I was running on fumes). I was asking him about his day (which he told me to stop badgering him about) and offered up a treat as a bonding moment. Back in the car I asked him if I could have a bite of his churro (it looked really good!) He says, "hmmmm, let me think about that." his thinking took place outside of his head. He continued, "your my mooooom.... But you don't let me do everything I waaaaaant..... So No! You can't have a bite! Kapeesh?". This boy!