Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hurricane Ike






Well as everyone knows there was a hurricane down south, but how did it end up in my house? The other day as we sat comfortably in our house I noticed it was a little windier than normal, but that was as far as the thought went until the next day when school was cancled (they had no power for 3 days) and I started talking to the neighbors. I realized we had a pretty bad wind storm and power was out all over town. Just on the other side of our street the power was off all week, (I just thought all the neighbors left for the weekend and forgot to leave a light on) trees were down everywhere, and a lot of damage had been done. Then I started to wonder if the hurricane effect hit everybody else in the yard - why did it look like the hurricane effect hit our living room, kitchen, and bathroom? Seriously I took a moment to thank Heavenly Father for all that didn't happen at our house. We had just some leaves and a few twigs to clean up!

1 comment:

DeGooyer Family said...

AH! How scary! Glad you guys are OK. We got a lot of rain, but nothing like that.