Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Anna's Birthday




Anna, what a beautiful young lady you are turning into. How time flies. It seems not long ago the ER doctor was racing upstairs to deliver you... now you are 6. I remember how you were when you where about 2. Very persistent. Like you would sit at the bottom of the stairs and cry for what seemed like 18 hours because you wanted me to carry you up, or how you would get out of bed 700 times a night, just to make sure we weren't sleeping. Now, that persistence has turned into a girl who can and will do anything. When you have your mind set on it - you keep trying and practicing and working on it until you have it. You are learning to read and the way you will sit and read books for hours after a full day of school astounds me. You are perhaps the most courageous person I know. When you were asked to give your first talk at church I thought, 'hmmm we'll see....' So you prepared a talk and we practiced at home the words and talking loud enough people could actually hear you. Then on Sunday you walked to the stand trembling, but all alone. Your hands were shaking and your voice was trembling and you shouted a fantastic talk! I was crying so hard and laughing hysterically at the same time that I totally ruined the spirit and mood that was there. I love you Anna. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Mary Peterson said...

Happy Birthday Anna! You are such a cute girl!