Thursday, November 6, 2008


OK - so I hate having something so negative as the first post people see for very long .... so I want to tell everyone how great Bekah is. First of all she is now 10 (and that is a great age for a mom with several other - smaller children). Tonight I had enrichment and Craig was working which means a family of 6 had enrichment. I told Bekah the situation and she said she would babysit the kids at church for me so I could go. What a great job she did. She packed a bag of things to play with, snacks for everyone, she took potty-breaks with the kids and played games with them, and when it was time to go she made sure the room they were in was all cleaned up and got the babies all buckled in their car seats. But the part that makes me the proudest is that she did it all on her own with a smile, and patience, and a great attitude. What an awesome daughter I have!

8 comments:

julie said...

I'm so glad to hear form you!! Your kids are too cute! Glad to see all is well. Feel free to visit the blog anytime. I'd love to hear more from you.

Lani said...

That's so sweet! I wish you lived closer- she'll be an awesome baby-sitter!

Mary Peterson said...

Way to go Bekah! I'm glad that you have such an awesome daughter so you don't have to worry about your kids or miss activities.

julie said...

Oh My Gosh What a beautiful family. Your children are just great looking and I can see that they have a lot of personality. Julie pulled up your blog for me. Where in Ohio are you all we have a lot of family in Lima and Monte's Sisters husband is the Stake President. Dennis Smith
Kathie McCall
gramiefred@yahoo.com

DeGooyer Family said...

What a sweet girl! We love her, too!

Julee and Fam said...

Bekah, YEA way to go I am so proud of you. I guess I feel I have a right to pride because I am your Activity Day leader. Selfless acts of love are an excellent habit to keep. Your family will benefit greatly because of your love. Keep up the great work.

Fisher Family 6 said...

Jeepers...can I borrow Bekah for babysitting? SAy, what winter fun can we do by meeting 1/2way or somewhere cool. We would love to see you all. Chrisi

Fisher Family 6 said...

PS Lexsie is an angel...i appreciated the "grandma video" too!!!