Monday, December 15, 2008

A Little Tradition



OK, so we have a tradition that at Christmas we go to the store and each kid gets to pick out their own tree ornament for the year. We write their name and the year on the ornament and it is forever more their own. The next year they lovingly take their ornaments from their box and put them on the tree (oh no more fighting over who hangs what - it's lovely! - AND the most important thing...when they move out of the house - they take their ornament box with them.) Here's this years picks... Can you guess who the owners of these beauties are?



Anna truly believes diamonds are a girls best friend.



Save the Whales - Bekah



Baby Lexsie is the princess of the house


Quinns world is still seen in black and white.



Leave it to Kaid to find the goofiest, funniest thing out there!
I can totally see him as an old man with plaid shorts, black socks with his sandals, and a t-shirt that says 'I'm hot!'









5 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun tradition! I might start that up with my family. I usually buy them an ornament each year to add to their collection but having them pick it out would be way more fun. I love all the comments about the kids...especially what you said about Kaid. I'm still laughing!! We've got to meet up sometime.

Mary Peterson said...

Cool tradition! That is awesome that they get to keep them when they are older and that there is no fighting on who gets to put up what. I also loved your comment about Kaid. How funny!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the flip flops in between those black socked toes!
I love you guys! What a cute tradition! I loved the ornaments!

hallie said...

What a fun idea. Your kids look so happy about it too! Your blog is always so informative/ and interesting!

Lani said...

We do that too, it's so fun! I asked Andrew whuch ornament Kaid picked out and he guessed it was the flamingo. He still likes to talked about his "best friend Kaid that moved far far away", I wish they could get together again too!