Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sick and Twisted Mind

I just discovered something about myself. Background: I made all the content, happy kids get up and go with me to Sams Club today. Now Bekah really is old enough to stay home alone, and old enough to keep a kid who is napping with her... but I made them all come with me. Something I do fairly often - then we had lunch at Sam's (a bonus part to my plan - not to have to cook/make my kitchen dirtier). Of course while we are walking around Sams I get several comments along the lines of, "are they all yours?" I parade down the toy isle past some really naughty acting kids and preen when the mother says, "she has 5 and her kids are behaving". And then while eating a nice gentleman came and complimented their behavior (Nice work kids!) That's when it hit me... I make them all come with me because I like the attention! Of course I'm proud of my kids, but as a mother we all know you don't get very many Kudos and so to remedy the situation I load all my kids up in the car, drag them to some store and march them around on parade. Of course there are the times the experiment doesn't work and people are whispering behind their hands as I drag crying, screaming, noisy, ill-behaved children out of the store embarrassed. No Kudos there. But those times it does work my sick and twisted mind really gets a kick out of it.

3 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

I LOVE those kinds of trips! =) And I think your kids are some of the most best-behaved kids around!!!

Sarah said...

You obviously do not live in the zoo that I do...

Mary Peterson said...

Cool picture! You are sick and twisted! Ha! Ha! I would do anything to leave my kids at home so that I can shop in peace all alone. You do have well behaved kids though.