Wednesday, December 17, 2008


One day Kaid was doing something a little naughty - not too bad because I can't remember what it was and I was laughing at the time and made the comment, "did the devil make you do it?" He looked at me and said, "what's the devil?" (Let me defend myself here - not only do we go to church every Sunday, have FHE, and read scriptures, but I try to teach my kids right from wrong and to be somewhat nice, decent human beings...) some how the devil lesson was skipped (or that was when he was standing on the back of the couch singing snowman for 337th time that night instead of listening to my carefully prepared FHE lesson) Anyway, I told him the devil tells you to do naughty things and Jesus tells you to do nice things... so fast forward a couple of days - every action or word he makes is prefaced with I'm listening to ______ (and he fills in with the appropriate person). And to think they were going to remove the word 'devil' from the Webster dictionary for lack of use!

1 comment:

Mary Peterson said...

I love it! The devil made me do it! What a cute picture of Kaid. I loved your little conversation with him. Don't worry, I know you are a great mom that teaches your kids the right things. I don't think that the devil has come in any of our FHE. Never thought about it I guess. Most of our FHE revolve around loving one another and using kind words, obediance, etc. Can you tell what we have been struggling with?