Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Who Wants to be a Doctor when they grow up?







The poor guy, he has worked 24 days straight. These aren't short shifts we're talking 12-16 hour days with an hour commute each way. In fact, Bekah made the comment the other day, "I haven't seen dad for a couple of days, is he out of town?" sad, but true. Well, he is trying to be the good, attentive dad (and he is!) but when he sits down with a kid... this is what happens. I have to laugh because on the other hand he is ADHD with projects (so he won't fall asleep). Our leaves have been mowed and mulched so many times that we had to borrow leaves from the neighbors just so he could mow some more. Then he has been building with the kids and encouraging projects (like pottery and shelf building), that quite frankly I'm not brave enough to attempt with all of them, and then their are the Christmas lights - let me just say 'the Griswold's." He's managing to keep up, but that vacation when residency is over just can't come soon enough!

3 comments:

Mary Peterson said...

Wow! I hope he is able to get a little time over Christmas off. I'm sure you need a break too. It can't be easy. I'm glad that all of your leaves are mowed. Ha! Ha!

Sarah said...

Hey...did you get my e-mail I sent a couple of days ago? spgillis@yahoo.com

Jen said...

Poor man! How does he do it? If I were told to become a doc or we would be living on the streets, we would most definitely be homeless! Honestly, how does he do it???
I loved your Christmas card! It turned out so well, you all look so great. Luke looked at it and said "when did she get so many kids?" He thought you had two kids and you were prego the last time we saw you - he's such a nerd!