Friday, January 2, 2009

open to suggestions


OK, today was one of those days that lasted only 24 hours, but seemed to be about 600 hours long. I'm talking the house had been cleaned and destroyed twice, 5 kids had a bath/shower for various reasons, breakfast had been made and put away and then made again, wet pants had been changed at least 3 times, books had been read in anticipation for naps only to find out it was still too early for naps, fights had been broken up and peace restored (last count 74,849 times) a load of laundry in, out and folded, wii used, webkinz used, movie time used, too cold for outside time, board game played, oh and my sister flew from slc to portland and drove an hour home... - and then I looked at the clock and it was only 12:00! Craig still has 8 hours left in his shift and I am at a loss as to what to do with the kids! When does school resume? I am definitly open to suggestions!!!!!! What do you mothers out there do on these never ending days to ensure a happy, loving home? Tell me please! Oh yeah, and what are you cooking for dinner? (Always open to suggestions there!)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I honestly wish I could help you but I'm just not there yet and I don't know if I can handle having any more kids!!! Good luck!

Jon and Janene said...

I'm so with you. Can everyone please go back to work and school. My house is a permanent disaster. I've been lucky to have Jon home at least to help entertain kids. You could have come down here and gone to the beach with us! :) You should come for spring break. Sarah and I are doing something with the kids, like go back to the beach, cuz the fellas don't have the time off, and we're not stayig home all week with all the kids and do nothing. Do you get spring break, When is it? Come on down.

DeGooyer Family said...

Here's what you do. You call your good friend in Missouri (me) and she will order you pizza!!!! I'm NOT kidding. You really should have.

Lani said...

I think it is a little depressing to talk to your husband and realize that something that seems like it happened at least three days ago actually just occurred that morning because you've had one of the longest days of your life! (For me that happens more often when we have a baby in the house). Anyway, this year we left our house the day after Christmas and drove to my family in Seattle, and all the aunties, uncles, and grandparents were more than happy to entertain the kiddos. So, our house didn't get completely destroyed (only about half-way destroyed), but Christmas decor is still completely up and won't be put away for at least a week, probably longer. If we had been home and Scott at work, I'm pretty sure Eden and Andrew would have been having extra TV time. Sorry I don't have better suggestions! Also, I almost never cook a real meal if Scott's not going to be there- so I would suggest pizza, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, or pancakes/waffles for dinner! Sorry this got so long- Hope your day got better!