Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mommy Tip # 497,256,729


Side note: Craig read an article in one of his medical magazines comparing over-the-counter cough medicine, honey, and nothing. The stats stated that honey was the most effective way to control a cough in children.


Anna (my little hypochondriac) was complaining one night of stuffy nose, cough, blah, blah, blah. She has a whole list of complaints at bedtime. I am usually very creative in the medicine I give her - she has had teaspoons of water, lemon juice, soy sauce... she has used A&D, diaper rash cream, Vaseline, smelly lotion, not-smelly lotion... Whatever to make her sleep (you think I should just put my foot down - uh no. Really the better solution is creativity.) Well, after Craig shared that article with me I have to admit - Honey is the best solution. She requested 'that same medicine tonight' because it was so effective in eliminating her symptoms. Can't wait to try it with a real cough!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sadie is the same way, but it's usually when we ask her to do something she doesn't want to do.