Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Pet Peive


OK - so I just discovered something that totally bugs me! When people look at me and complain that their husbands are working a lot (You can complain about that - just don't do this) and then say to me, "your husband works a lot, but at least your making the big bucks!) Ahhhhhhhh.
When your husband works his 20 required shifts every month, goes to his 9 required days of classes every month. Moon lites another 10-20 hours a week (because the big bucks we make actually qualify us for welfare - really we could head down to the office and walk away richer today) when you have to pay $1000-$2000 a month in student loans and periodically have to come up with another $1000 to renew medical license and DEA licence and such, when your husband has done it for the last 8 years (and not just had a rough 60 hour week) then you can look at me and jokingly talk about the big bucks we make. Until then don't say things like that because, you are going to bug me!

2 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

This happens to us more than we like... I'm glad there's someone who can relate! =)

hallie said...

I totally agree! I hear "With the economy the way it is you just cant make it unless you are a doctor" well should I tell them how much we pay in taxes, tithing, and student loans? We just found out that we owe even MORE taxes than is even possible to pay. I can totally relate. PS Man your kids are cute! :) I miss you!