Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thoughts on Food Storage

OK so how many of you Mormons out there have been teased and even ridiculed for your food storage? I know, I know every time we move my own husband grumbles under his breath! Saying something to the effect of, 'do you really think there is going to be a huge famine and no food will be found?' When friends comment I say something to the effect of 'what if you loose your job, or get injured and can't work for a while, what if you just can't get to the store because your kids are sick!' Now, today I heard that the state of California (as well as other states) are out of money and state employees may not be getting their next paycheck. Hmmmmm... Food storage is looking better and better. Of course we have been counseled for generations to prepare and some of us (me) have laughed and did it wondering about the great famine and how that would play out. And here we are - no famine in the traditional sense- just inept leaders of our nation creating a 'money famine'. A situation where those who are not prepared will panic and I predict chaos will in sue. (And yes, you can see that we have a full 2 year supply of Mt. Dew - LOL)

2 comments:

jayne said...

My mom is only stocking up on Diet Coke and Chocolate. She figures with that you can barter for ANYTHING. I think she's a very wise woman.....

Anonymous said...

Good woman. I agree with you...until we move. Then I'll wonder who is going to haul it all and where they'll put it!
You know what they say, she who has all the Mt. Dew, is the wisest!
Our mouths will be pretty dry with all our wheat!