Sunday, July 12, 2009


We ran into both Anna and Kaid's teachers at the YMCA yesterday. Setting aside the fact that both kids 'pretended' they didn't even know their teachers we had the typical 'summer is going by way too fast' conversation. I made the comment that I was sad that I would have to send my kids back to school soon. Anna's teacher gave me the strangest look and said, "I don't think I've ever heard a parent say that before." Though there are times (see post below) I really have enjoyed the time I've had this summer. Time to sit and read books, time to play in the swimming pool, time to go to the park and on hikes and sit and eat lunch together, just time with the kids! When school starts it's all about hurry and get up so you can hurry and eat so you can hurry and get on the bus so you can hurry and get home and hurry to karate and hurry to dinner and hurry to shower and hurry to homework and hurry to bed so you can hurry tomorrow! Huh! Who wants school to start?

No comments: