Friday, September 4, 2009

And Then There Is Kaid


Well after a morning of crying, "I don't want to go to school. I don't like that school, I don't want to wear shoes with socks, I don't want to wear underwear..." we got the big girls off on the bus and the little kids loaded up in the car and all of a sudden it was smiles and excitement and couldn't wait to be at school. Then it was - don't even give your mom a kiss goodbye at the door as he raced in. But what really astounded me was when he came home, went over to the bookshelf and picked up a couple of alphabet books and said, 'mom, we need to read some books, I need to learn my letters!' Uh this is the kid who has been allergic to books, pencils, crayons, scissors, and paper (anything remotely resembling school stuff). I think this preschool thing might be good for him.

No comments: