Monday, September 21, 2009

A Little Road Trip to Niagra


My sister came to town for a visit and since I was neither moving nor having a baby I didn't actually have to put her to work and so we took a little road trip to Niagra Falls.





A view from the observation deck 200 feet up.

It was here that I stood in awe of the Amish family also visiting - no not the falls. How did they get all their very small children to be soooo quiet and follow the parents around with out wandering off?


Riding the Maid of the Mist

(Can I use this as our Christmas picture since everyone is in matching ponchos?)



Smart move - to put the kid who climbs on every railing and leans over, no matter where or how high)- in a stand-out pirate rain coat!





Lexsie loved getting sprayed by the water fall. She was soaked after the boat ride!


This is for my sister. Because we decided to leave the perfect parking spot right near the falls that we had already paid $10 to park in, for an even better one - 2 blocks away up in a parking garage (where Kaid leaned over the edge and almost gave Stacy a heart attack) that cost us an additional $5. (Sarcasm folks - had to be there)





This is the view from our 'even better parking spot.' You can see where we parked the first time - ya know the spot right near the falls in a central location - from this view.





We saw a movie about Niagra Falls and somehow both Stacy and I were bawling by the time it was over - pathetic! Now I see that we just weren't thinking straight after that heart wrenching movie, that's why we had to move the car...







It could have been worse. My little stunt man took a spill down about 50 wet, slippery steps. He went head over heels twice and slid a little farther. After I realized that he actually stopped before plunging into the falls itself, I thought for sure there would be a broken bone. After clearing the mud and slime from his head, making him move both arms, hands, his neck, legs, and checked for broken ribs I couldn't believe this is the only evidence






2 comments:

Lani said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! I love the drenched-in-ponchos family pictures!

john-n-jess blomstedt said...

Looks like you had a good time (minus the falling down the steps incident, but even that looks like it ended better than it could have!) We are planning to see Niagara Falls next Spring break after we go to Kirtland and on our way to Palmyra. Your pics made me even more excited!