Wednesday, March 17, 2010



Last week a very special person died. Craig's Grandma Opal Anna passed away late Thursday night. After a quick trip to Missouri for the funeral and a day at home catching up, I wanted to leave one memory. I remember the first time driving up to her house. Craig and I had just gotten married and we were on our way to Kirksville to start medical school. Craig was so excited to have me meet his grandma. As we pulled up I thought, 'I see the garage, where's the house.' Grandams house was a little corner of that big, over sized 4 car garage. I thought to myself as I entered her little 1 bedroom house, 'wow this place will get crowded quickly.' That was the last time I ever thought that. It wasn't long before I realized that grandma's house was never crowded. There could be 100 people there and the only sign of the house being too full was the port-a-potty she rented so 'all them boy's ain't using hers.' It still didn't feel crowded because grandma had a way of making everyone feel welcome and loved. It takes a very special lady to make each one of her 22 grandchildren truly feel like they are her 'most favorite.' We will miss our summer trip to Grandma's but know she is now with her hubby in heaven.

2 comments:

Jen said...

so sorry to hear about Craig's grandma. She sounds like she was a special lady!

nicole said...

Its always hard to lose a loved one-thanks for sharing her greatness with us!