Thursday, May 20, 2010

Feeling Loved

Mother's Day was wonderful. I spent the day being a mother. You know, it was totally different from every other day (well I didn't mow the lawn like I did last year). I set my self up for success this year because I just kept remembering my friends post from last year about her 'husband-as-a-resident-mothers day' (Aimee!) In other words I kept the expectations very simple. But I directed the primary kids in singing a song for there mothers which they did a truly wonderful job on, I treated myself to taco bell (which those of you who know me aren't surprised) and then headed home for a quiet afternoon relishing in my motherly duties. I did get a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband (which he thoughtfully made sure I had every child's color in) and my neighbor brought over a little smelly lotion gift which is lovely, and my girls made me go to 'time-out' in my room which was really one of the best gifts they could give me. They cleaned the kitchen, and cleaned out my Tupperware drawer, took care of the babies, and made sure I had a delightful nap (thank you Bekah and Anna). They all had cute little gifts they had made at school - which I will always treasure. BUT - it wasn't until I cleaned out my church bag yesterday and found this little list that Bekah made that really made me my heart skip a beat! First, Bekah made a list! Second, She knew exactly what I would love! Third, she included all the children in her efforts. Thank you sweet children! You make your mother feel loved!

2 comments:

Lani said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day, that list is so cute!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

Could your kiddos be any cuter? I want Bekah to come spend some time at my house!!