Sunday, December 25, 2011

The lights

Of course the entire reason I'm going Christmas crazy this year is because one of Craig's parting concerns was that I would be the Scrooge that I usually am and the kids would suffer terribly. In fact he made me promise I would at least get some sort of tree this year. So now I'm out to prove him wrong! Lol. Next attempt at holiday jolly was the lights. I got really ambitious one afternoon and decided nothing was gonna stop me! Craig always does a wonderful job putting up lights and decorating our house each year and while I knew it wouldn't be as good, I was out to be a little competitive! So after opening 2 huge boxes of lights, timers, clips and other paraphernalia and 3 hours I was not only laughing so hard at my feeble attempt but also somewhat proud... Of course my neighbors did this...

So I came up with...
remember this was an entire 3 hours worth of concentrated effort with no kids for distraction!

Then Anna wanted in on the action and we got this...
I was really impressed with how much Anna did and how good it looked!

When Anna wasn't satisfied she offered to pay our neighbor (the same one who rescued our tree) to put lights on the roof. '5 bucks'. When he said he would only do it for free or $50. She looked him square in the eye and said, 'nope. You'll do it for $5'. I know she tried to pay up... But I'm not sure who won!
In the end we settled with...







No comments: