Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The tree

The sequence of our tree...

Freshly cut! (craig has always made cutting a tree down look SO easy). Not so much - Bekah and I finally just started pushing it back and forth until we broke it off.
Then we brought it home and put it up- which didn't work so well... It became the leaning tree of pissa. I couldn't figure out why so I just decided we were having a crooked tree this year. So late one night my neighbor and his wife snuck over when we were gone to fix it. But I foiled their plans! Every door to the house was locked (which in and of itself is hilarious because I am notorious for not locking or even shutting my doors). But because my crooked tree was indeed driving my sweet friend crazy.... I let her husband in and he found that the trunk was so soft it was just slicing through the little screws... But he fixed it and we had a beautiful tree! Until... I forgot to water it and it died. Another thing craig takes care of so effortlessly. So we are just taking the approach of not touching it until we are ready to move it out for the garbage men. It was a beautiful tree!

Each child had a very important job...
Quinn held on to the tree so it wouldn't fall off the trailer.

Bekah used her muscles to help cut the tree down.

Kaid led the way, a perfect boy scout and never let us get lost.

Lexsie yelled, 'timber!'


And, Anna made sure we all followed all the rules!

1 comment:

Johns Family said...

Poor tree...no water :(
What a fun memory you guys will have!