Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why I Hate to Cook


1. It doesn't matter what I fix I'm guaranteed to hear, "I don't like ________" Even though last week it was their all time favorite.


2. I never hear, 'gee mom, thanks for thinking about dinner at 9 this morning and getting the meat out of the freezer to thaw'


3. Dirty dishes


4. Dirty chairs


5. Dirty table


6. Dirty floor


7. Dirty Walls


8. I am also guaranteed to hear, 'can't I just get a yogurt? I'll get it myself (the only time during the day they can get it themselves)


9. Or really you thought about buying garlic bread a week ago to have for dinner tonight? You actually put that much thought into it?


10. Or thanks for spending your day making bread because it is the frugal way to eat and I do like bread.



I really, really, really like slipping the waitress a big tip and walking out the door totally eliminating #1-10.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

"I'm not a short order cook." "I'm not a waitress." "Fine just put it on the counter and go to bed." are often heard at mealtimes around here.

DeGooyer Family said...

Me, too! =) And I think it's only going to get worse...